Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DO YOU BELIEVE?

Do you believe in yourself? Really believe in yourself? Most of us say we do but words and actions are different. We speak but yet we wont own it through our actions.
When i was young, i had trouble letting go of the past(we all do at some point). I had lost a sister to sickle cell and i thought i might as well give up on myself so for a year i did not take my meds, only when i felt 'good' enough would i take. My mum finally found out and she tried to get me back to taking the meds but she couldn't get through to me until she said, " I believe you are going to get better, i have always believed since you were born but you are growing up and you need to have your own faith. I have faith in you but my faith cannot save you if you do not have faith in yourself." I immediately went back to taking my meds.
Truth is most days we want the world to believe in us yet we do not believe in ourselves. We want the world to validate us and it is not necessary.
Your faith is who you are, it is what makes the dreams that you have a reality..........so believe in yourself, own it!

1 comment: